Thursday, December 29, 2016

Catching up on some randomness...

Every time I even think about writing here I think about how much there is to update on and it's almost overwhelming!

So if you wonder why I haven't been crazy blogging lately, you're about to find out ALLLLL about that.

I could start with the Andrew Jackson spoon ring my cousin made me for my birthday:

It came with a matching magnet...kind of. The magnet has Andrew Jackson with hamsters crawling all over him. (Told you it only kind of matched...)

Or how I just bought Run Fast. Eat Slow and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival tomorrow (yay two day shipping!). I found a few recipes online and tried some out last night, and I think my only New Years "resolution" will be to actually make every recipe in this book. This book has been cropping up all over my life lately - on Facebook and Instagram and other blogs, and it looks promising!

Or we could go with BIGGER changes...(like for real, here's an announcement for you!)

...Anthony and I are going to be moving and buying a house! We officially start looking next month! As in January. Like...three days away. We're currently setting up our first few viewings, and it's already the most stressful thing I've ever done.

Aside from a fridge to put my Andrew Jackson magnet on, I'm just hoping for something with more than one toilet and a yard a) because who wants to shower when someone needs to poop, and 2) because a dog will follow super soon after the house!

#PrioritiesPeople

So besides that bombshell, what else have I got?

How about I throw some pictures at you from the day (way back in October) that Anthony and I took his nieces and nephew to Goebbert's Pumpkin Patch?

We spent most of our time in the petting zoo area (including feeding birds, which was so fun!) and then managed to be the highlight of the show when we went to feed the giraffe! We also saw the pumpkin crushing dragon, bought some pumpkins of our own to paint/carve before Halloween, and let the kids bounce off some energy on the various play things available. Not only are these kids super good (most of the time), they're fun and adorable to hang out with!

On our way!
For some reason Anthony has said we can't get a Capybara when we move in together. #notfair

Showing off my bird catching skills!

Don't let that cute, brave face fool you. She was totally terrified of the birds.
#madskills
The forced perspective here is great. She looks so tiny next to gigantic me!





Anthony's face here is ridiculous!

The pumpkin crushing dragon!



Little was completely enthralled!










When we went up to feed the giraffes they seemed totally disinterested...until I dumped out my entire cup of carrots on the balcony. That got them interested!

Disinterest.

Mild interest.

Moderate interest.

Meh....

Definitely over you guys!

Oh...what's this you have to offer>

I'm interested.

The kid wasn't too sure.

Hey, you have a whole cup of these things??

GIMME.

Alright, I like you for real.



You my fave!





Bye bye raffi'.



We take lots of kissy photos.

It was really hard to get the little one to pay attention for this. Note: She didn't.

I just...my heart...!

And for now...that's it. But I'm pretty sure that's enough for today, haha.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment