Sunday, August 14, 2016

Just $20.

In college I had a professor who suggested donating just $20 a month to a charity. "Less than a cup of coffee a day over the month, you won't even miss it," he said. I didn't think I would ever find a charity that I would want to donate that $20 to every month.

And then Kayla was killed.

Today would have been Kayla's 28th birthday. Today I think about my friend, the violence that still exists in this world, and the heart she had to go thousands of miles away to let refugees cry on her shoulder and to help give them a better life.

Every month I donate $20 to the charity her parents established in her memory. That college professor was right. I do not miss it. I miss my friend. And I will never stop giving.
Remembering Kayla





No comments:

Post a Comment