Thursday, August 25, 2016

I am the Walrus.

Around 6:22 this morning as I was driving to work I had this overwhelming feeling that everything in my life changes starting today.

For the last few months it's felt like things have been changing, but something hit me today. Some sense of finality...like it went from "changing" to "changed".

I don't really know how to describe it. It feels emotional and stressful, and at this point I feel like I need to just hang on for the ride.

I have a big couple of weeks coming up.

This weekend is the Chicago Triathlon. The event I've been waiting and training for all summer. At 4,000 participants for the International event (just the International, that doesn't include the Sprint or Super Sprint!) it will undoubtedly include some chaos and nerves. After some swimming and biking this week I feel much more confident about the race itself.

Five days after the tri I leave for Europe...after an 18 mile run. That's right. I'm taking off work next Friday for a new kind of triathlon: Run, pack, fly.

And at that point...that's when I start holding on. That's when I make the best of everything that's happened and everything that will come. Two weeks' break, then it's back to real life.

But right now doesn't feel like real life. It feels like I've been picked up and dropped by a tornado, and this Oz I've landed in is wonderful and exciting but simultaneously terrifying. Time to follow the yellow brick road?

(This post? It sounds like I'm on drugs, I know. I'm not. I promise.)


x

2 comments: