Thursday, March 31, 2016

Random Things On a Thursday (#7)

Hello, hello again. Here we are for another Random Things. Let's get started...!

7 is my favorite number!
What a fun way to start off Random things list #7. I do enjoy the number 7!

This week has been hard
It has. There's no way around it, it has been a difficult week energy-wise. I have felt totally spent all week long, and I'm positive it's because I've added in morning workouts three days a week (no matter how easy they are). I know this is just a hump I have to get over, because any time I've started working out after a break from it I've felt tired and sluggish during the day, and this is no exception. I actually think today I may finally get a break because I wasn't yawning on my drive in.

What makes it feel about 10 times worse is that I'm training someone at work (since I'm leaving my department), and in addition I'm being trained for my new role. So it's a lot of actually having to have my brain engaged throughout the day, and no one likes that :P. I'm kidding, of course, it's just that being tired and having to pay attention are a terrible combination.

New Job Stuff
Like I said, I've been training for a few days but sh*t gets real tomorrow because that's when I switch desks! I've slowly been packing up to move, and I'm excited that I'll finally get to live over near my new work family.

Patronus 5k
I forgot to mention last weekend that I used my mini-tri to count towards one of my backlogged virtual runs. Since I needed a boost, it seemed fitting to use the 5k at the end towards the HRC Patronus 5k:

HRC has some of the best medals. Here's the back:

Fitting...given the point of that little tri.

New Shoos
I got new running shoes on Tuesday! I'd attempted to get some new ones a few weeks ago with my mom, but the New Balance store in my home town is now a high-quality shoe store (they sell tons of brands now) and they didn't have 1260s in my size. Luckily, there's a New Balance store down the street from my office so I went over at lunch to grab a pair. While I was there I tried on the men's 1260s (for purely aesthetic reasons). Alas, the toe box was not as wide as my 9Ds, and the arch felt funny, and you might remember from a recent post that I'm not going to screw around with shoes anymore...

So I stuck with the women's 9Ds in blue and gray:


Hamster Mohawk
The other day I had Dresden out and his fur was looking extra mohawk-y...so here's a picture of my adorable hamster's mohawk:

Also...Nigel eating a bone. In the Dirt.
That pretty much explains it:


Annnnnnnd...
I think that's all I have for today! This weekend is the Shamrock Shuffle, so I'll be back at some point with a recap of that, in addition to the normal workout update. It will be a fun and busy weekend and I can't wait!


x


Currently Reading:
Cold Days (Dresden Files #14) - Jim Butcher (audiobook)
The Walking Dead: Compendium 3 - Robert Kirkman, Charlie Adlard, Stefano Gaudiano (hard copy)

You can find me here on Goodreads!

No comments:

Post a Comment