Thursday, February 25, 2016

Fourteen Years

I've been doing Random Thoughts on a Thursday for the last few weeks, but I really don't have much for you today in the way of Random Thoughts, so I'll postpone until next week. It's been a busy, busy week for me, and I haven't had much time to have random thoughts, which is kind of sad when you think about it!

FYI, this post is only going to get more sad...you've been warned.

Since this is my blog and I can talk about the things that are important to me, and note the milestones that happen in my life, I will do that today.

The most important thing to me every February 25th is remembering my dad.

Every year I change my profile picture on Facebook to one of my favorite photos of the two of us:


Some years I change my banner photo as well:


I did both of these things this year as well.

But this year is different. It's been 14 years since he died...and this year has a bit more weight attached to it.

I was 14 when my dad died. Fourteen years and seventy days old. Which means that, in 70 days (May 5th, if anyone's counting), I will reach the point where I have lived more of my life without my dad than with him.

It's hard for me to comprehend that. Every year is hard, and this year gets to be hard in a different way.

And I don't even really know what else to say about it.


-x

In Loving Memory of Colin John MacKenzie
9 January 1944 - 25 February 2002
~ The ones who love us never really leave us... ~


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss and will be thinking of you through this. I cannot imagine what you're feeling!

    ReplyDelete