Monday, December 14, 2015

The December Streak! (days 7-13)

This weekend was hella busy, but I'll save that update for later. I don't want to get too far behind on my December Streak posts though, so let's keep it short and sweet...here you go!

December 7: Physical Therapy. Same exercises as usual, ~35 minutes of activity. I don't want to knock my PT's office, but I'll be so excited when I don't have to spend an hour there every Monday and Wednesday. It's cramping my style.

December 8: Gym time swim time. 30 laps ~45 minutes. Cam and I knocked some laps out and then headed home to brutalize ourselves with studying. I made it about an hour (3 practice tests) in before I fell asleep on the couch, haha.

December 9: Physical Therapy again! Same group of exercises, higher reps, plus a few extra blanace ones. ~45 minutes.

December 10: Cycle, lift, swim, ~ 1:30. I had Thursday off for my test and Cam left work early, so we met at the gym to bust it out. 10 minute cycle, 5 lifts (since we had the time) and 15 laps in the pool (with very tired arms). We spent the rest of the evening enjoying the company of PrideZ friends before crashing on the couch.

December 11: Cycle, lift, swim. ~ 1:30. That's right, we did it all again! We'd both taken Friday off to prep for the wedding. We didn't have to leave until about 3, so we hit the gym first thing for 20 minutes of spin, another 5 lifts, and I can't even remember how many laps. We totally killed it all though :P

December 12: Lift, ~ 60 minutes. When we got to the hotel for the wedding our room wasn't ready yet, which was totally fine because we'd planned on a little pump before the festivities. We got some keys to the gym and spent a little under an hour lifting, and I even did some core work (it's been ages since I've done core-specific exercises). I still feel sore from it!

Oh, also...does DANCING count? Because I did quite a bit of that. My feet can attest. My cousin Grace and I rocked it out to a bunch of songs, and forced our other cousins to come join. It was fantastic. Totally makes up for the two-point-five slices of cake I had (DON'T JUDGE ME THEY WERE SMALL.)

December 13: Stretching and the like, 20 minutes. I kind of cheated on Sunday. I was up until nearly 2 after the wedding, and got up at 8 to get ready to go to breakfast, and then drive home. Tired is an understatement (and I'm still feeling it today). My mom wanted to get Christmas cards sent out, and I agreed to make dinner, so there was very little time for anything other than a little bit of stretching my tired, sore, old body. Still counts though - I did it with intention!

And there you have it! I have a few photos from the wedding, although I really am very bad about remembering to take them. I have a few pictures of me and Cam together, but I didn't get a "coupley" photo, so you'll have to make due with the goofy ones when I decide to post them.

Other than that...I hope your Monday is going well, and that the week to follow does too! Peace out, and keep your eyes peeled for an update!


x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we had similar weekends! My Sunday was like, "Hmmmm.... some abs and stretching should work for today!" I figure at least it is keeping us disciplined!

    ReplyDelete