Monday, December 21, 2015

The December Streak! (Days 14-20)

Here's the roundup of the last calendar week (Monday through Sunday). Enjoy!

December 14: PT...~25 minutes of activity. We had to go really light on the exercises because of how sore I was after the wedding. Days like Monday and Tuesday make me wonder if I'll ever get better ;(

December 15: DUN DUN DUNNNNNN. I have to admit to you - I broke the streak. I'm not entirely happy, but I'm realistic, and one of 31 days will not be the end of my active life. Not only was I still sore, but Cam got me a WiiU (more on that in the next post) and since my actual birthday was going to be very busy, we decided to stay at home and enjoy my new toy - which is exactly what we did! I can't regret that!

December 16: More PT! It was a solid 45 minute workout. I even feel comfortable calling it that. When I got there, Teresa told me I was scheduled for a reassessment, so I thought it was going to be an easy day. HAH. No. We just went through my daily activities and pain scales and stuff, and then got to it. And good news - she had me jog! The first time in 2 months that I propelled my body forward at a faster-than-walking pace.

Teresa also showed me how to kinesio tape my ankle and gave me some info on what tape to buy.

The left pictures are the taping for my peroneals, the right is for my tibialis anterior.
December 17: My birthday! Perfect time for a birthday workout. We made it short and sweet - bench press and 20 laps in the pool. I've actually been kind of crappy about my diet since the wedding, and feeling fatigued on top of it, so my bench was kind of sad. But the pool felt okay. Still moving forward in all realms, some weeks are just not as great as others.

December 18: Took it easy, really only did stretching. I had the day off work and wanted to take it easy so I did. (Lots of Woolly World was played.)

December 19: Spin and swim. We did a 15 minute spin, 20 laps in the pool, and followed it up with an evening downtown walking around. I tested out my Garmin FR920xt as well - the thing is gonna take some getting used to! (I'll post more about this new gadget later...it's taken me a month to feel comfortable with the money I spent on it and to actually put it on my wrist and hop in the pool. It's an investment, I keep telling myself :P)

Also of note: Saturday included lots of walking because we went downtown to see the Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo (more on that in my next post!).

December 20: We, somewhat miraculously, made it to the gym for a whopping one hour workout. Teresa told me I could start to incorporate light jogging into my workouts - so that's just what I did. She told me to start with 5 minutes, and I can increase the time and pace over the next few weeks. So on Sunday I warmed up with a 5 minute jog, then Cam and I hit the lifts:

As much as I'd love to say I can bench 235...my weights are the three columns on the left.
And there you have it - one week of activity (errr, minus Tuesday).

I'm heading into Christmas strong and have my activities all planned out...hopefully I can stick to that plan!

Have a great evening (and I hope you feel spoiled by the second post in one day!).


x

No comments:

Post a Comment