Sunday, September 13, 2015

A quick week recap.

Hey there....

Just wanted to do a quick post to check in and say I haven't forgotten about the wide ol' world of blogging. The past week was mentally exhausting for me, which I think is pretty funny given that I only worked two days.

We went to Shipshewana in Indiana on Tuesday, and I feel like I ruined it for myself by worrying about the study time I was losing during the trip. The drive to get there was almost three hours, and I totally didn't realize that's how long it would take, so I kept panicking about getting back late. Although Cam was totally fine with leaving right after lunch (meaning we spent more time driving than we actually did walking around), so I may be over-exaggerating the amount of fun there was to be had. We got home by 4 and I got a ton of studying in, so it ended up being okay.

On Wednesday I had a few meetings at work (in addition to my work) so the day felt like a bit of a blip. I was very busy all day, and then came home and studied some more, getting together a list of the things I felt I needed to review on Thursday morning before my test.

Thursday...oh it was great. I actually spent most of the day feeling like I was going to throw up. I reviewed a couple of key principles when I woke up, then took my very last practice test to gauge how I might do on the real thing. I got like 80%, and you think that would make me stop worrying, but it didn't. My test wasn't scheduled until 1:00, but they'd called and said I could go in as early as 11:00 and I was ready to just get it over with. So at 10:30 I left my house, and I got to the testing center at 11:15. This was what the sky looked like the whole way there - it was hard not to take it as a bad sign for the test:


I was tested and out by 12:15...and I PASSED!


Weight off my shoulders! I'm happy to say I now feel a bit more confident about how to study and prepare for future exams. Part of the reason I was so stressed about this test was that I had no idea if I was preparing adequately. There's definitely room for improvement in the study section, and now I feel like I know how to address it.

I'll say though, the experience didn't help my stress level going in. They actually check your pockets (and hand me do things like roll up the bottom of my jeans to show my ankles and stuff) and then wand you to make sure you're not trying to cheat. I couldn't even wear my watch. I really wasn't expecting that...but at least now I'm prepared for next time.

However, I spent so much time studying during the week that I ended up not running at all after my 12 miles (and we only lifted on Sunday). My mood has actually been a bit dumpy all week, but on Friday we went laser tagging for a friend's birthday and it was awesome. I had a great time, and was really looking forward to my run on Saturday, but it didn't happen.

And I don't want to talk about why it didn't happen because I'm hoping the reason will go away.

That's all I'm gonna say about it for now, but it's sorely affecting my mood today. And yesterday. I feel like a useless lump. I spent all day yesterday baking for charity, but because I didn't run I feel like anything I did doesn't count toward productivity. Which is stupid, but no one ever said brains are always smart.

Anyways...Cam and I are going to bike ride today, so that should help my mood a bit. It never helps like running does, but oh well.

And that's where I'm gonna leave it for today, because I want that bike ride to happen, so I better go make it so!


x

No comments:

Post a Comment