Monday, February 9, 2015

Oh, February.

February is a notoriously bad month for me. And this one is keeping up the trend.

To spare you all too much negativity, I knew going in that it would be a bad month. It feels like thing after thing is happening just to remind me how sucky February is.

Friday was actually a really, really good day. I've been working on a little project for the last few months and on Friday had a meeting with the head of HR (for North America) at my company to basically ask for the green light to go ahead with future plans, and he gave it to us. It was a great feeling, although there is still much work ahead.

And then right as I was leaving work I received some truly terrible news about a friend. It's not something I'm really ready to talk about, but suffice it to say that it is the kind of news you don't ever want to get about anyone you know.

It put a damper on the weekend, and really subdued me. Part of me feels numb to everything. It's not something I ever thought I would have to work through emotionally, and I'm not sure how to.

So I spent a majority of yesterday knitting. I needed to do something productive and creative, so I picked up some yarn, and some needles, and went to it. For hours and hours and hours, I knit. It is a project with intention, and feeling, and need. There are so many emotions going into this one project, that I'm not sure what will happen when I finish, or what I'll do with it.

But I don't have to decide that yet, and I'm not going to.

Here's hoping this week is in any way better than last.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment